Members of the lab are involved in teaching in following programs:
Winter semester 2021 / 2022
Summer semester 2021
Tutorials / Advanced courses
- Tutorial on non-negative matrix factorization (given at BC2 conference Basel) : website
- Single-cell analysis in R (given as part of the TRR179 IRTG) : website
- ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq analysis (given at RISE graduate school Frankfurt) : website
Bachelor thesis projects 2022
+++ see a more detailed description of the projects here +++
Bachelor thesis topics could cover any of the following topics
- single-cell omics data analysis and integration
- machine-learning approaches to multi-omics integration
- applications to regulatory genomics in cancer and disease
- biological networks
The focus can be more on genomic data analysis (R or Python), machine-learning developments (Python), construction of biological networks, e.g. regulatory networks, or a mix of those depending on your interests!
some examples of BA thesis from past years
- Comparison of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes regarding COVID19 comorbidities.
- Weighted random forest regression for the prediction ofgene regulatory networks.
- Genomic Tinder: Using a generative adversarial network (GAN) to find best matching pairs of scRNAseq and scATACseq data.
- Autoencoder-based integration of multiomics single-cell data.
- Causal networks of epigenetic regulation.
- Defining Schizophrenia-specific DNA Methylation Signatures and Investigating their Correlation with Comorbid Diseases.